Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Callie in acrylic

Despite having some artistic skill, I cannot paint!  I came across an artist on Etsy that does custom dog portraits and the first thing that caught my attention were the textures and the amount of detail she puts into her paintings.  I love the fact that you can see every brush stroke as well as the canvas texture and how she uses that to add to the details and color.  I immediately contacted her to do a painting of Callie.  I sent over one of my favorite photos of her and the results are just amazing!



Original photo:

And now Callie is famous!  You can purchase prints of my beautiful Callie-girl or commission a portrait of your own by visiting L.A. Shephard's Etsy shop: 'The Dog Lover'.  =)  I can hardly wait to get the next one started!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome Kim! Seeing them side by side really is a great comparison. Jen is right, she did a great job. Can't wait to see Tiny's and Cody's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is gorgeous. I'd be thrilled to have that on my wall!

    ReplyDelete